Join Our Team
We’re always interested in working with talented and interesting folks who are committed to their craft. Please send us your resume and a note about why you might like working with us.
Mail your resume and cover letter to:
East Branch Studio
PO Box 57
West Chesterfield, MA 01084
Open Position: Experienced Architect
We specialize in building energy efficient, net zero homes, passivhaus, deep energy retrofits of existing structures, and high-performance historical restoration. This is a great opportunity to learn about high performance building and be part of a small company with a strong mission to advance a response to climate change through the built environment.
We are looking for a skilled, self-motivated designer, someone who is hungry to collaborate with colleagues and clients to build beautiful, resilient homes. You are intrigued by the challenge of co-creating and fostering a solid, long term vision for the design team and this company. We offer paid holidays, an IRA with company matching, and a friendly, stimulating environment with a strong commitment to our mission.
- Your skills and experience include at least 4 years of residential design in a leadership role.
- You have the ability to build strong relationships of trust with clients.
- You are excited to work with a team of designers with good communication, creativity and respect.
- You will have a deep understanding of how choices in design affect budget, carbon footprint, resiliency, and schedules.
- You will create or bring a greater community of like-minded professionals and potential clients.
- You continue to build on your knowledge of design, materials and building science as well as improving systems and standards.
- You have extensive knowledge of Revit, building codes, fixtures, finishes, and sustainable building practices. Ideally, you have experience with high performance building systems.
The position is full time, with the possibility of some remote work. Pay is dependent on experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, work samples, and three professional references.
Open Position: Berkshires Lead Carpenter / Site Supervisor
Berkshires – based Site Supervisor/Lead Carpenter
We specialize in building new energy efficient homes, Passivhaus, Deep Energy Retrofits of existing structures, and high-performance historical restoration. Our subdivision, East Branch Homes offers predesigned, net zero ready homes.
Applicants should have a minimum of 7 years frame-to-finish carpentry experience, 2 years of which include construction-based leadership experience. In addition, applicants must possess tools, reliable transportation, and be motivated to demonstrate high quality work, excellent leadership skills, and a can-do attitude. We would like you to have superb communication and organization skills, reliable transportation, and exceptional leadership skills. We require you to have a willingness to learn and a positive attitude. Experience with and extensive knowledge of high performance building assemblies strongly preferred. You’ll be working closely with the field crew and the Project Manager, doing quality control, project planning, scheduling, and implementation. You’ll be the point person on site for clients, colleagues, and project trades and professionals throughout the project.
We offer paid holidays, an IRA with company matching, and a friendly, stimulating environment with a strong commitment to our mission. Our projects are in Hampshire, Franklin, and Southern Berkshire counties. This position would be solely focused on the S. Berkshires projects. The pay scale for this position is between $25 – 32/hr., depending on experience.
If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to email@example.com.
Open Position: Design Assistant
Looking for a great workplace to use your skills and work with a purpose? You are someone who enjoys working within a team committed to our common goal. We are a small design/build company that has specialized in building energy efficient, net zero homes, passivhaus, and deep energy retrofits of existing structures for over thirty years using green and sustainable building practices. This is a great opportunity to learn about high performance building and be part of a small company with a strong mission to advance a response to climate change through the built environment.
We are looking for someone with strong Revit skills to assist with creating schematic, design development, pricing and construction document sets. Full time is ideal, and it would be possible to work from home some of the time. You will be required to work in our office in W. Chesterfield, MA for most of the week.
Pay is dependent on experience – hourly pay range is from $25 – 30. You must be proficient in Revit.
Please send a resume and work samples with 3 professional references.
Open Position: Experienced Carpenter
DESIRED EXPERIENCE: You must have a minimum of 3-6 years frame-to-finish carpentry experience, possess tools, reliable transportation, and the motivation to demonstrate high-quality work, leadership skills, and a can-do attitude. Previous experience in high performance is preferred. Alternatively, you must be willing to learn and have a strong ability to process information quickly and accurately. We offer a competitive pay scale, paid holidays, IRAs, and a friendly, stimulating environment. Our projects are primarily in the Hampshire and Franklin Counties, and more recently, Berkshire County. Whenever possible, we place workers on sites that are closest to their homes.
- Perform work consistently and expediently
- Complete work accurately; fix any mistakes made
- Communicate work to project Foreman and/or lead carpenter
- Support a positive work environment
- Support timely completion of job tasks on site
- Be able to work with all site personnel
- Support site safety
- Promote efficiency on site
- Identify issues of concern, communicate to foreman
- Site organization
- Site cleanliness
- Positive attitude and can-do spirit, whatever is asked
- Maintain tool performance, organization, and maintenance
Please submit resume and application and 3 professional references:
East Branch Studio
634 Main Road, West Chesterfield, MA 01084
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org